Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ebay And Such


Here's a few more pictures from the inside of my home which was featured on InsideSource a couple weeks ago.  http://www.theinsidesource.com/topics/home-and-garden/view/log-cabin-chic-in-the-city/ 


The focus of the article was about Ebay and the writer asked me to pick a few items I was currently watching on Ebay and to tell her why.  Here's a few of the items I told her about and if you click the link you'll be able to read about why I was watching them. 


What is there to say that hasn't already been said about Ebay?  It certainly has had a major effect on the antiques market in general...some say for the better and some say for the worse.  I likely have the same criticisms of Ebay that everyone else has so I won't go into detail here, but I will say that I'm Ebay almost everyday and I consistently find good things at fair prices.  Just last week I bought this great bakelite dice bottle opener for $4.69 + shipping and I sold an identical pair in my booth in November for $100.


I have the best luck with my Saved Sellers.  Ebay allows you to add any seller whose listings that you like to Saved Sellers in your My Ebay area.  I try to keep those updated on a regular basis, but I've been watching and buying from some for over 5 years.  I want to be sure my blog entries include valuable information, so here's a few of my favorite sellers that I keep regular track of: 

9tazzy - I've bought from him before and he does Brimfield and will deliver to you there if the item can't be shipped.

picked-in-canada - Good source for a wide range of antiques and not all from Canada.

scribedloghome - Have bought and seen some great cabin and camp items from this seller.

tulage-river:  Always a nice selection of Adirondack, cabin and camp antique offerings.

wwolst12:  My all-time favorite Ebay seller.  This seller has to be one of Ebay's most successful sellers.  He's from Rhode Island and I'm told he's one of New England's most successful dealers.  Always over 100 items and I generally find at least a dozen that I would love to own.  Many, many items offered without reserve and I've never seen one of his items that didn't have a bid on it. 

My recommendations for Ebay?  Definitely shop it often, but there's still no finer way to buy antiques that from an individual shop, group shop, flea market or show.  Finding a treasure on one of the fields at Brimfield is way more fun than finding it on Ebay.  Thanks for reading and have fun shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from your favorite eBay seller! Thank you so much for your support and bids!! We try our hardest to keep a variety of fresh merchandise on at all times and consider ourselves an eBay success because of steady customers like you!

    We wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and are expecting big things this upcoming year and hope that you will continue to follow us into 2010 to help us to continue to grow!

    Happy eBaying & Merry Christmas, Wwolst12

    ReplyDelete